Activities & Events
FITNESS AND RECREATION
WATER WALKING EXERCISE ROUTINE
POOL HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday through Friday -- 7:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday -- Closed
Jacuzzi -- Closed
GHBC POOL REOPENING GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
To insure Resident and staff safety, new protocols for physical distancing, enhanced cleaning, and disinfection practices are established.
- The pool will be open Monday-Friday, 7:00am-2:45pm, and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- There are only three (3) Residents at a time allowed in the pool.
- Check in at the pool deck for temperature reading, and answering the daily assessment questions is required.
- Residents must wear a mask at all times except when in the pool.
- Masks must be stored safely in plastic bag and placed in cubby when Resident is in the pool. Plastic bags are provided.
- Residents should practice social distancing at 6 feet apart in areas outside the pool and at 10 feet apart when in the pool.
- Adhere to the required pool time limit of 30-minutes swim time.
- Although the locker rooms are open, Residents are encouraged to dress in swimwear and shower off at home before coming to the pool and after using the pool.
- The Jacuzzi will remained closed.
GHBC PROCEDURES TO SIGNUP FOR POOL TIME
- A weekly sign-up book will be available in the Fitness Center on Wednesday afternoons at 1:30pm. Please sign-up by Friday 12-noon each week.
- Residents are able to sign up for two (2) pool sessions per week to start, and may add an additional sign-up on Fridays between 12-noon and 2:00pm.
- Each pool session is for 30-minutes. Arrival time is 5-10 minutes before the hour, check-in is required, which takes 5-10minutes, and Residents must exit the pool at 40-minutes past the hour.
- There are three (3) pool lanes, labeled 1, 2, 3, from right to left when looking at the pool from Fitness Manager’s office.
- Lanes 1 and 2 allow for lap swim, lane 3 is walk or exercise lane only.
- There will be NO water classes at this time.
- Please see “Open Pool Lane Guidelines” for procedures on same day registering for open pool lanes.