OPPORTUNITIES TO VOLUNTEER
Many of us have friends who have changed locations in our community and now live on the second or third floor in the Crossroads. Residents from Independent Living have many volunteer opportunities to maintain their relationships with friends and help others enjoy the variety of experiences available at GHBC.
Volunteering includes, but is not limited to:
- Sharing a special talent, such as playing the piano or other musical instrument
- Reading to a resident
- Assisting with art and service projects e.g. making sandwiches, filling food packets, art classes
- Accompanying residents to events in the Rotunda/Atrium and the Auditorium
- Sharing a meal with residents in their dining room
- Visiting with a resident
- Accompanying a Terrace resident to the pool or gym for exercise
- Accompanying a resident on a stroll through the Knoll garden
- Simple hand massage with lotion
Volunteers take a one-hour training class given by the volunteer coordinator. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator to find out when the next training class is scheduled.
BE A FRIENDLY VISITOR TO A HOSPICE PATIENT
Hospice volunteers offer comfort and companionship to residents and their families at a special time of life. As a member of the hospice team, you’ll receive training and ongoing support while you visit hospice patients. Volunteer tasks include providing respite to family members and visiting to provide companionship and comfort.
Goodwin House Hospice volunteers now have a choice to work at GHBC, GHA and in patients’ homes in the community. Please consider working in the community where families have more needs for respite and running errands.Join our hospice team for this rewarding work! For more information, contact Amy Conradt, Hospice Volunteer Manager, at 703-578-7108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.