CVS Pharmacy serving GHBC and GHA (Tricare -- see below)
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Pharmacist: Meg Kophazi, R.Ph.
Phone: from within GHBC, dial Ext. 1352; from outside, dial 703-820-1061
The pharmacy phone number connects callers to the standard CVS voice mail that includes multiple options to direct phone calls. To speak with a pharmacy staff member, use option 3, then option 4.
Prescriptions will be delivered to GHBC from the CVS Pharmacy operating at Goodwin House Alexandria (located at GHA) twice each week day at 12:00 noon and 5:00 p.m. CVS Pharmacy located at GHA no longer provides after-hours services. Any prescription received from Residential Living residents after 4 p.m. will be delivered on the next business day.
- Residents may charge prescriptions and retail items to their resident accounts or they may use a personal credit card, cash or check to make purchases.
- CVS pharmacy at GHA accepts Caremark mail order prescriptions (90 day quantities).
- Purchasers may use the CVS ExtraCare card. To obtain a CVS ExtraCare card, contact Meg at 703-820-1061 (option 3, then option 4).
Residents may place a personal credit card “on file” to pay for prescriptions filled at the CVS Pharmacy located at GHA. Call Meg or Evelina at Ext. 1352 (or(703-820-1061) to set up credit card charges. NOTE: Charges to your credit card will be processed through the CVS finance department located in Indianapolis, IN.
Are you a military member on Tricare? Here are a few solutions to make getting your prescriptions easier while we ask for you to remain on campus.
- Get your prescriptions delivered by mail. Here are instructions those with Tricare can follow to set that up: https://www.military.com/benefits/tricare/ tricare-mail-order-pharmacy-instructions.html
- Ask your doctor to send your prescription to the Giant on South Jefferson Street. We can arrange to have a staff member pick up your prescription for you there (Ann Lam, ext. 7213, will pick up prescriptions from Giant on Tuesdays and Thursdays). In an emergency, when staff are not available, services like Instacart will pick up your prescription from Giant.
- We strongly encourage you to utilize one of the two options above. If absolutely necessary, we can arrange for a driver to go to Ft. Meyer to pick up your prescription.
WHAT IF I NEED AN EMERGENCY RX?
The GH Pharmacy is not open evenings, weekends, or holidays. What if you are sick and need medication quickly but have no one to get it for you?
Two local CVS Pharmacies are open 24/7 (CVS does not accept TriCare):
- CVS Lyon Village Shopping Center
3133 Lee Highway, Arlington; 703-522-0260
- CVS Duke Street
5101 Duke Street, Alexandria; 703-823-7430
You can arrange delivery through a service like Instacart, or, if you download the CVS app, you can get same-day delivery free of charge by following these steps:
- You must sign up for text alerts or download our app to be notified of delivery options.
- Fill your prescription as you would normally.
- When your order's ready for pickup, we'll let you know through a text message or in our app. Choose FREE 1 to 2 day or same-day delivery with Shipt.